My current job involves a lot of driving which I generally don’t mind. I make my own schedule so I maneuver my schedule to avoid traffic whenever possible. It gives me a lot of time to spend alone and podcasts are my favorite companions.
My fitness journey has opened my eyes to a plethora of ideas over the years. The principle idea I’ve learned is to always keep learning. Everyone knows something you don’t.
Relating to fitness and health, these are the podcasts listen to :
- Mind Pump: Raw Fitness Truth
- The guys are fun and their advice is usually well balanced. They have some excellent guests including my personal favorite episode with Dr. Jolene Brighten.
- The Model Health Show
- Shawn Stevenson is an open-minded fellow that brings a lot of knowledge and inspiration to the world. His guests bring in all sorts of information and ideas that span from nutrition to mind set.
- Be Well by Kelly
- Kelly Leveque wrote the book “Body Love” which has been a true game changer to my personal nutrition strategy. It kills the diet culture idea and gives you a reasonable roadmap for eating well without feeling trapped by rules and restrictions. Her podcast is an array of experts and guests that bring valuable knowledge every time.
- LifeSpa: Ayurveda Meets Modern Science
- Ayurveda is ancient medicine, this podcast helps to modernize those ancient principles in a digestible manner.
Other podcasts I listen to:
- This American Life
- If you’re an NPR listener, you may be more than familiar with T.A.L. If you’ve never heard of it, you’re missing out. Each episode contains a story or various stories on a variety of topics. Some episodes stick with you, some are uplifting and restore your faith humanity, and others are painful and call out the cruelties in the world. All are worth listening to.
- The production of this podcast is supreme, a true work of auditory art. The episodes vary in category and they often offer unique and perspectives.
- The Papaya Podcast
- Sarah Nicole is a gift to womankind, her podcast is no exception. It’s an exploration of ideas and perspectives that often deal with difficult topics from sex trafficking to motherhood.
- Deepak Chopra’s Infinite Potential
- Yeah, Deepak has a podcast. Life guidance and spiritual elevation? I’m here for it.
Podcasts I listen to for fun:
- My Favorite Murder
- It’s comedy. It’s stories of murders. If you shared scary stories at sleepovers growing up, this podcast is probably for you. If it’s your first time listening, don’t start with a ‘Live’ episode.
- Pod Save America
- Ok, so not exactly for fun but because I can only digest so much political news at once without wanting to pull out my hair these days, I’ve limited my political news consumption to this one podcast. It’s liberal AF.
- That’s So Retrograde
- As a millennial who believes in astrology, this podcast speaks to me. It’s not for everyone and that’s ok. This is MY list, after all.
- The Ron Burgundy Podcast
- If you quote Step Brothers and Anchorman from time to time, you may enjoy this podcast. If you think Will Ferrel makes the same movie over and over and you don’t like his humor, you can go ahead and skip this one.
That’s a lot of podcasts.
I do a lot of driving.